Saturday, September 6, 2008

back to school and catching up





Hi! I have been missing in action for a bit. I somehow pulled a muscle in my back last weekend, not fun I tell ya! I have always been thankful to have not had any back pain because I have heard and seen how debilitating it was, but sadly now I know what it's like, at least I got a good taste. I haven't been able to do much of anything for the past week, much of it spent lying in bed with a heating pad and ice. I can walk around for a bit before I start to get pain and sitting... forget it. I am able to do so a bit today, but I can tell I won't be able to for long.
The good news is that I finally dug into the 'Twilight' novels! They are pretty good and keep me wanting to read to see what is going to happen next. I find myself anxious to turn each page to see what is going to happen next and I haven't been disappointed. I have read the first two and am into the 3rd. I should be done with the series in a few days. I also read another novel that was on my shelf. I love to read and it's been nice actually.

The girls started school on Thursday. Boo Hoo. :( I really wanted the summer to drag on forever. I missed them terribly. I just cannot believe that Kara is a Senior this year. I have been struggling to recall her very first day of school and I can't. It has driven me crazy. How could I possibly forget?! *sigh*
Ashlyn was miserable up to the morning of school for about a week. She would cry with any mention of school, big crocodile tears that ripped my heart apart. She cried when she met her teacher the night before the first day of school and up until it was time to leave. Surprisingly (and thankfully), she didn't cry as I took pictures and walked her to school. She didn't even cry as we entered the building or when I left her sitting at her desk. I was so relieved and thankful. When I picked her up she was happy to see me, but I could tell she had a great day and she was going to be OK with school. I just pray this continues. She likes her teacher because she's quiet and she said that her class is much quieter than last year. I am confident that things have turned around for her and that she will do well. I was struggling with what to do and she answered it for me.

Aside from that I haven't done anything. I hope to be able to sit and scrap soon. I have some things to catch up on. I do have an album that is complete for My Acrylic Album, but I need to take pics. I plan to get to that tomorrow, maybe Monday at the latest.

Here are some pics of the girls on their first day. :) Kara, Meghan, Skylar and Ashlyn. *sigh* they grow up so quickly.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon! I can't imagine your pain! thanks for sharing pictures! your girls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boohoo!!! i hope you feel TONS better ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.