Sunday, May 17, 2009

Card Patterns sketch 15



It's been beautiful here the past few days and is going to continue to be for the next several days. Our maple trees are filling up with leaves quickly now and creating a wonderful area for shade. Our lilacs are blooming and soon that sweet scent will float along the gentle breezes and fill the air. A few flowers are popping up here and there and the lawns are green and color has returned. Barbeques are lit and friends and family gather outside to enjoy life. The sound of children playing override the muffled sound of the lawnmowers. I always seem to forget what I like about Spring until this time of year when I can see all the new life in bloom. I seem to notice something new each day and it lifts my heart.

I created 2 cards for Card Patterns this week. One using the awesome sketch and another using a fun image from Digi Shack, a digital stamp site. There are some really cute images there! I really like this adorable elephant image and I had my idea as soon as I saw her, so I decided to make a card just showcasing her. I first printed the image on white cs, then again on grey. I cut out the grey and adhered it onto the white bg. I then printed her one more time on white and cut out the tutu and flowers, then adhered them on top of the grey. I used colored pencils, puff paint and Stickles. It didn't take long to create, just a while for everything to dry.
Once again, the CPDT blew me away with their talent. Gosh these girls are amazing!

I will post an update on Ashlyn upon my return home. I pray to have something uplifting to share because it's a challenge to be cheerful when she looks and feels so awful.

Take care :)

3 comments:

  1. Raechelle,
    I love the elephant image and would love to know where you got it. The link is not working.
    Thanks. Laurie Varner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your LO over on the Lily
    Bee blog. As always your work is beautiful! Hope they figure out what is going on with your DD so she is on the mend soon.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.