Wednesday, September 2, 2009

a back to school message board

I made a little time to create today. I haven't done much scrapping lately and I am not feeling well today, but mentally I was feeling the urge to create so I sat on the floor and I made a message board using some fabulous Fancy Pants Designs items I have been hoarding, along with a 16"x20" poster frame I've had lying around. Surprisingly this came together quickly and was really easy (I spent maybe about an hour and a half). I still feel awful, but my heart is lighter and I feel better spiritually. Sometimes that's more imortant than feeling well physcially.
Since i will be working several evenings a week, I needed something for the girls (well Meghan, Emily and Skylar) to use to communicate with me. We will use the clips for when they have things that need to be signed/have been signed. They also each have a spot for an activity they have.






I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the holes in the plexiglass and then placed a felt brad through the back of a clip and poked it through to the back of the frame to secure it. I may not use my CAD often, but it sure is something I am glad to have because it sure is handy.
Here it is being used:
supplies:
Fancy Pants Designs 'All Fall' and 'The Daily Grind' paper and All Fall chipboard pieces
Making Memories clips
Creative Cafe felt brads
poster frame
This is going to be a year of serious change and organization around here with me staying home to school Ashlyn during the day, and then working late nights along with it... both things that I haven't done before and structure is going to be the key to success. I hope this board will make things a bit easier.
Take care,
Rae

5 comments:

  1. what a great idea - will have to keep it in mind when my girls get going to school :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute and clever! feel better soon! I'm still battling a terrible bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a clever idea. I need to get more organized myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and it turned out so cute, Rae!! I didn't know you were going to home school Ashlyn. You're a great mom! Hope you feel better!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.