Saturday, January 2, 2010

bookmarks featuring E.A.D Designs

Happy 2010! I have had this idea for these bookmarks for months now, and earlier this week I had some time to sit down and create just for me. I am homeschooling Ashlyn using the k-12 program and I am constantly using bits of scrap paper to mark the pages in our books. Now she can use these and I can continue to use scraps until I make myself a set. :) I used the Alphabet Vinyl rub on set for the letters. I had to get a bit creative with an "e" on the Literatre bookmark, but it works.



supplies:
letters- E.A.D Designs vinyl Alphabet rub on set
pp: Scenic Route and October Afternoon

Do you have any resolutions? I typically don't make them, but I am hopeful for some good things to happen this year. 2009 wasn't horrible, but it sure was stressful and sapped a lot out of me. What I want most this year is to "figure out" what is "wrong" with Ashlyn. She has another colonoscopy scheduled for January 12th and they are also going to re-run all the blood work to test for other auto-immune diseases. She's not been feeling well at all the past few weeks; looking sickly pale and washed out with dark circles under her eyes and running a low-grade fever almost non-stop, and she has been very clingy. She looks horrible and has a decrease in evergy again. It's easier on me now that I am down to working 20 hours a week now so I can take the time to just lie with her. This seems to be something she needs.

I am also hoping to go to college. I think I am going to try to become a nurse. I will have plenty of pre-req's before I can begin the program so that will take at least a year and then some. I plan to go to the local community college and figure out what I need to do. I will need financial aid, which I hope I can qualify for. I need something, but I figure it will all work out.

I hope 2010 is a great year for you! Full of many blessings. happiness and success! Now if I could just find some time to scrap regularly...

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute.
    I hope things get better for Ashlyn and good luck with the college thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rae, sorry to hear about Ashlyn, I was hoping she would be feeling better by now...I will pray that you can find out what's wrong with her, it has to be something. Big hugs!! Good luck with nursing school, it's great to have something to look forward to for yourself too!
    Miss chatting with you,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! I hope you have a good 2010 and I hope the Dr.'s will figure what's wrong with Ashlyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I homeschool with K12 as well! Hope Ashlyn is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.