Tuesday, June 5, 2012

CMS challenge #5 and more

Hi! Today I finally have a chance to share the layout I created for the guest desginer spot that I was lucky to have been selected for from the Color Me Scrappy blog. :)

As soon I recieved the color scheme, I knew exactly which papers and photos I was going to use with it.

here is the "feathered" color palette for challenge #5:

and my layout:


I used some Studio Calico as well as some of the LYB Saturday's collection for this. I added some paint, ink, and torn edges for a distressed look. These resin starfish covered with sand were the perfect addition- I came across these a few weeks ago when Ashlyn and I purged my stash.

The ladies on the team totally rocked this challenge! Be sure to check out their beautiful layouts as well as submit your take on the colors here.


In addition to the guest spot, I also won a great kit from Peace, Love & Scrapbooking. Here is a layout I created with the May kit.

As I am not generally a fan of colored cs, I used some Kraft cs from my stash and added some Glimmer Mist. Everything else is from the kit.

Thanks again for the wonderful kit and opportunity to be a guest designer!

Before I sign off, I have a sweet photo of Ashlyn and our puppy, Moose, who is 7 months old now. He and Ashlyn were snuggled up and I snapped a photo before I had to disturb them- he was laying on Ashlyn's feeding tube and was causing it to stop the flow. I really hated to wake him up, but once I adjusted her tube they were able to continue to snuggle.


Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.