Friday, February 21, 2014

Summer fun

I have always found paper that has a pre-printed themed background to be a huge challenge. I never quite really know what to do with it (although it seems pretty obvious). So I challenged myself to use this paper. This is from the simple Stories I (heart) Summer collection. For those who are not familiar with this, the entire top portion of the pp comes complete with the design as is. This was actually a very simple layout to make, but it took me a long time. Seriously. Almost two hours. In the end all I ended up doing was placing a book page from the collection down as a mat, cutting the flash card and journal boxes, placing a sticker along the bottom and adding twine to a chipboard anchor. Took all of 15 minutes. I think it took so long because I allowed the paper and simplicity to get to me. I pushed stuff around then walked away. Replaced it with different things and did the same. I cut more paper than I even used to create this one. lol At least it is done now and I am happy with it. That's all that matters at the end of the day. :)



Thanks for stopping by! Have a beautiful weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. You pretty much ROCKED it!! I love love love love this!!!! LOVING the colors and the the threading you did in the title!!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.