Monday, November 9, 2015

Christmas tree {box}

I have stepped out of my scrappy comfort zone and tried something new (at least new to me). In the fourteen years I have been scrapping, I have never, ever colored a stamped image- can you believe that?! I have been on two stamp MF teams and one digital image team, and not once did I ever color an image- I always stamped on patterned paper and fussy cut/layered as needed. 

So, today I will be sharing my first attempt at coloring with a project I completed this morning. :) 







supplies:
paper mache ornament, pearls, and rhinestones: Michael's
pp: MME
stamps and die cuts: Craftin Desert Divas
sequins: Hazel & Ruby
watercolor pencils: Prima
white gel pen
Glossy Accents
white cardstock
ink

This started as a 2.5x2.5 square paper mache ornament from M's that I painted white and covered it with some gold-dotted vellum along the sides and a coordinating dotted pp on the top. 

I stamped the adorable Owl-day images onto white cardstock and then colored with watercolor pencils. I tried to give the owls some dimension, and I did OK, but clearly I have a long way to go with my coloring skills. lol I fussy cut them and used some Glossy Accents to add a bit of dimension to things like the scarves. trim on hat, and belt buckles.

The gifts were stamped, colored then cut and adhered around the tree. 

The sentiments were stamped and I cut into banners.

In addition to the stamps, I used the Stitched in Circles dies to create the circles, wreaths and Christmas tree on top. 

This came together easily and the longest part was the drying process. 

I have submitted this to the Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party. The current theme is Make It Sparkle, which this project fits nicely into with the sequins, gold dots, and rhinestones. 


Thanks for stopping by! 

5 comments:

  1. YOU ROCKED IT!!!!!!!!!!! These are just amazing!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMWORD!! That looks AWESOME!!! I SOOO LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with CDD Linky Party too! :)

    Theresa (CDD DT)
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable!! You did great coloring!! I have to tell you it's addicting once you get started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow... you did a phenomenal job on with your first time coloring!! Your project is super duper cute... I love it!! And of course, I think those stamps are just adorable! :)

    Thank you so much for joining us for the Craftin Desert Divas "Make It Sparkle" Linky Party!!
    ~ DT Lori
    http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.