Wednesday, August 13, 2008

sketch assignments




I've got 3 sketch projects to share today.

First a card from Sketch This 62. I used up several scraps of Sassafras Lass for this. I cannot wait to get my hands on the new releases... cute stuff!

Secondly a card from Di Hickman August #2 (August 13). I have been waiting to use these pretty K&Co. diecuts.

and lastly a layout from Creatively Yours layout #19 using yummy October Afternoon. The pics aren't great, but I am learning to just use them and not worry about it if they are too dark.

I have completed 2 full days of work and only have 2 more to go. I am beat. That job is brutal I tell ya! My body aches and I sure am glad I only have 2 more days of this. My hands are so sore that I can barely use them. My cuticles are toast, not like they were all that great before, but they are now just bloody cracked messes. I have tiny cuts up and down my forearms from reaching into the boxes to pull out the books.
This is what I do all day. Open a box, take 12 books out of box and place in larger box. I do this with 2 titles and then package the final box of 36 books and place on pallet. Someone else does the first 2 titles. It's a no-brainer and I think I may actually be losing brain cells just working there. lol! Maybe we'll get lucky tomorrow and finish these 4 titles and move onto something else. I don't ever want to see these 4 books in a store! :) I actually dreamt about these books hunting me down last night. Pretty scary considering it's a series of murder books.
The thing that makes it worthwhile is that it's pretty laid back. You do your job and no one is there breathing down your neck. We can even eat and drink on the line which is pretty cool.
I suppose if the temp agency asks me to return I might, but I could never work there full time.

I am off to go make dinner and then die. ha!

2 comments:

  1. Great Projects Rae! You will be so ready to veg by the weekend. Have a great last 2 days of working w/the books

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the sketch- love the use of those Sassafras papers!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.