Sunday, September 25, 2016

cute

As many of you may know, Ashlyn will be having Spinal Fusion surgery this coming week (Sept. 29th). I have been busy trying to prep for her surgery and long recovery, so the only scrapping I have done the past few weeks has been for design team work. I am all covered until November, so I took today to create just for me. 
I decided to partake in the newest The Studio Challenges challenge, which is to use watercolors. This challenge took me outside of my comfort zone, but I am loving the end result! I "borrowed" this photo of my oldest daughter and granddaughter from her facebook photos. I just thought it was so sweet. 


I created the flowers by painting an 8.5x11 sheet of watercolor paper pink. I then used the Lazy Daisy cut file from JustNick to cut out two sets of the flowers; one on the painted watercolor paper and another on plain white watercolor paper. I then added some pops of orange, yellow and blue to all of the cut pieces. A few were layered and some were left as is. The leaves were cut from white watercolor paper using the Make A Wreath cut file from 17turtles and then colored with a couple of green watercolor shades. 



I also used the Simple Scallop Strips cut file from JustNick to add a bit more black and white to this layout. 

supplies:
pp: Simple Stories and Crate Paper
watercolor paper: Canson
watercolor paints: Michael's
epoxy stickers: Crate Paper
enamel dots: I made them using Perler beads
DMC floss
string art template: Pink Paislee
stickers: Teresa Collins
twine: Papertrey Ink
machine stitching
cut files: JustNick and 17turtles








11 comments:

  1. This layout looks lovely, the daisys look so pretty.. I pray the surgery and recovery go as well as can be expected..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is amazing -
    I love everything about it!! I love layers so I was drawn to it !!

    hOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH aSHLYN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING that stitched heart and the colors!!! Praying all goes well in her upcoming procedure xoxoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this layout especially the stitched heart and those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Hoping all goes well later this week :) ((HUGS)) kate (BL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Hoping all goes well later this week :) ((HUGS)) kate (BL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout looks Fantastic! Beautiful picture! :) Thanks for the links on sewing - I saved the pages for later use! Praying everything goes well for Ashlyn! Big HUGS!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful detail work and colors. Bloggie love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the heart background! I'll be praying for Ashlyn. BL

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is totally stunning in every way. Love your cut file, flowers and water colour effects. Just beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.