Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday already. I know I say it time and time again, but I am awed with how quickly the days just melt away. I was really hoping to make it to water aerobics this morning, but instead I ended up taking my dh to the cardiologist where we spent 2 hours doing various tests. His heart went out of rhythm about 3AM, his heart rate was bouncing from the 40's to the 220's (my parents gave him the gift of a hi-tech watch early last week that measures your heartrate and records it. this baby has been extremely helpful for monitoring this) and the incision site on his left leg has a huge lump and the bruising is almost a foot long and about 3" wide. He had two EKG's, an ultrasound of the vein, an echo and then a visit with the on call cardiologist. Thankfully everything is right there in the office. It would have been such a pain to have to run from one place to another. Everything looks good and they bumped up his Flekanide to 125mg twice daily now in hopes this extra amount will do the trick. In all honesty I am not surprised this happened. It's day 5 of him taking the meds and for the past 4 weeks the trend has been exactly this: they work well for 4 days, day 5 he can feel things going downhill and on day 6 we are in the ER to get him in loaded up on the meds again. It's a pattern that keeps repeating without fail. Hopefully this increase will work and we won't have to go back until the 31st. He has been feeling so well the past few days and he was frustrated and angry with the situation. He's so worried that he's going to end up losing the ground he's made. He's back in rhythm now and is feeling a whole lot better. I guess we both thought the rollercoaster ride was over since he was feeling so well, but it was a call back to reality. There is still progress to be made and it's going to be a bit longer before the process is complete.

On Monday evening someone came by and took the last sweet little kitten. It was sad and we all cried, but just like the others I feel in my heart that he went to a great home. He's going to be a vegan... lol! His new owner actually makes her own tofu cat food. Can you believe that?!
Molly saw him go and hasn't been looking for him or the other kittens since. She's getting back to her old mean self again too. :)

Some cards:
'I'm so proud of you' card created for Di Hickman's July card sketch #3 and 'Dream Inspire Believe' card created for sketch this 58.

I am going to try to scrap today. I just pushed stuff around yesterday. I think I need some new photos to inspire me. I hope to finish my last butterfly this afternoon and get it photographed, but I am not holding my breath with the way things have gone lately I'll be lucky to have it done anytime soon. lol!

I hope you are having a great week! :)


  1. Sooo sorry about frustrating and scary. ((HUGS))
    And your last kitten has it made! Homemade food?!?! I love your cards too - is that fabric on the top one?

  2. Praying for you and your dh...

    Great cards-- they're fabulous!!

  3. Loving those cards girl! and so sorry about hubby - how frustrating. So what do they plan to do to keep it in rythym? Just pump him full of meds? Is there a surgery? Are there long term effects y'all have to worry about with this? So much stress for you! ugh - I'm stressed thinkin' about it!
    and so glad all the kitties found a good home! it's amazing how those little furry friends quickly become family. And homemade tofu huh? - couldn't possibly make the thought of tofu sound worse! *wink*

  4. I certainly keep you and your hubs in my thoughts. Such a tough time you guys are going through.

    Love the cards you did

  5. Totally awesome cards!!
    Keeping you, your husband and family in my thoughts and prayers!

  6. Hope your husband feels better soon!!! :)


I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.