Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!! and a fun toot!

Happy Halloween all! What are your plans? The girls are all going trick-or-treating and I am going to stay home pass out candy. So fun! lol It's actually going to be warm for us this year; in the mid-high 30's. It sure beats the past 3 years when we've had snow or temps in the low 20's. brrr.

Speaking of snow, it's just around the corner and I am so excited!!! Usually we get our first good snow in mid-November. The temps are already trending down. :)

Check this out! http://www.papertrunk.blogspot.com/. (scroll down to I'd like to announce) How cool is that?! I am honored to have been selected and am excited to play with Carrie's stuff! Yay!

My ankle is seriously sore today. My physical therapist really worked it yesterday and warned me that I wouldn't be walking or even feeling well for a few days. He was more than right! Even having taken 2 pain pills last night I barely slept. The pain has made me feel nauseous and I can't even set my foot on the ground. He did point something out to me that could explain why I am still having problems and which could be the root cause; my muscle has atrophy. This is probably caused because of the initial injury as well as the nerve damage/agitation and swelling. The push for me to get off the crutches soon is not as high of a priority as continuing to rest the nerve and try to get the muscle moving through physical therapy. Did I mention painful and invasive therapy? lol! It's going to be a long haul and I am going to be off my feet for months still. At least I have an idea of what is going on now. I may never regain full use of that muscle and this could be a lifetime battle for me. One day at a time. The short term goal is now to get my "good" days between 3-5 days in between the "bad" days. Frustrating, but I am getting good at knowing when to stop and just rest for a few days. :) I think having something tangible to hold onto at this point is going to keep my spirits up. I hope.

Enjoy the last day of October. Gosh, another month gone. Time sure does fly!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being the guest designer!! Your stuff always rocks!!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.