Wednesday, October 3, 2007

yet another update

I went to the Dr. yesterday and for the first time in a long time, I feel some hope! The pain has pretty much diminished with the exception of a few areas in my ankle and in my arch area, which is a blessing. The dr. thinks now that it is either my nerve (Tarsel Tunnel) or a tendon issue, which isn't showing up on the MRI, but is apparent through some testing she did. Maybe it's a bit of both. Time will tell. I am still not able to bear weight on my foot other than a few steps here and there, and the plan is for me to continue using my crutches full time for another few weeks and then if I am feeling up to it I can start walking a bit with them. I am not too eager to walk since I am really afraid that I will end up back where I was a month ago. My hands are raw and torn up and my underarms are screaming, and I really have to mentally think about wanting to get up at times, but I'll take that over foot pain any day.

I have a Nerve Conduction Study scheduled for Oct. 16th, which will determine if the issue is my nerve. Not looking forward to this, but it's just another step in the process and I am pretty strong and determined, so hopefully it won't be too terrible. If the test comes back as a nerve problem, then surgery will be the next step.

I will start Physical Therapy on the 17th, nothing strenuous, just ultrasound and heat therapy as well as some light stretching.

My spirits are lifted and even though I still have some more hills to climb, I know that eventually we will get to the bottom of this. I just want to thank everyone who has been thinking of me, encouraging me, supporting me and praying for me. I can't thank you enough! :)

1 comment:

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.