Tuesday, March 11, 2008
my new scrappy space
Two weeks ago Sunday my dh decided late morning that he wanted to redo the downstairs. As in right now. We'd been discussing it and it really was just a matter of doing. So off to the store we went to buy paint. We wanted warm but cheerful and ended up with a Paprika and Honey Wheat. The orange was much prettier in the store and less "in your face" but I am getting used to it. I have learned to just rest my eyes on the yellow wall when the orange gets to be too much. Once home we pretty much just put everything into the laundry room and dug in. Kara, Nathan and Kenny painted while I tried desperately to make some order out of the huge mess that had been created in the laundry room... most of it my scrappy stuff. I also assembled my scrappy storage cubes. Fun. It beat painting though. ;) I spent most of the week after just putting stuff away.
Anyway, here's my new space and our "new" area downstairs. The TV/sitting area used to be where my scrappy stuff is and my old scrappy area is where the TV and furniture are now. I really like my new little area and it's so great to have everything in one central space and not all over the place. I even did some more major purging, for the 3rd time in 2 years, and this time I spared nothing that I haven't used. It's sickening how much I had accumulated and it makes it easier to pass things up that I am on the fence about (although I am sure I will still have to have several items that I really don't need because they are so pretty ;)). I am planning to have a yard sale soon and I hope to get rid of all of it.
Nicole tagged with the “7 random/crazy/weird facts about you” thing, so here are mine, even if they aren't all that interesting ;) :
1. when I wake up the first thing I do is drink a glass of water.
2. I do not like to eat or drink from plastic ware, but I will if there isn't another option (but it gives me the heebie jeebies.
3. I don't eat beef or pork. I haven't liked it as long as I can remember.
4. I don't like milk unless it's in a Mocha. That's the only time I have it.
5. I cannot sit and watch an entire movie all at once (except on rare occasions). I usually watch half and then never finish or watch the 2nd half the next day.
6. I drive with my left foot, something I acquired last summer and just haven't switched back to my right.
7. I always keep a few windows cracked in the house, even during the cold winter months.
Now I need to tag 7 girls, so here they are:
Have a great one! I am going to make dinner then it's off to the Y. :)