Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gardening and scrappiness




It's been almost a week since my last upload. Time sure flies by. I haven't been scrapping all that much, instead I have spent a great deal of time working out in the yard. It's amazing how little one can get done spending hours and hours in the yard, and how sore one can get. lol! I do see a noticeable difference though and I know that some things make a more dramatic impact than others. I pretty much did nothing last summer, so I am having to play catch up from 2 years ago. It's a long process, but it's coming along slowly. Very slowly. I did clear a small garden area in our weed patch (about 6'x6') and planted some Zucchini, cucumbers, 2 types of beans and 2 types of peas. I doubled what we got last year because they were oh-so good and were gone way to quickly. :) I still have more to plant and I need to find the motivation to spend another day just clearing weeds.
Speaking of weeds, this tool is my new best friend!!! It has helped me so much and I can't imagine how I have dug through all the weeds in our weed patch for the past few years without it! I have been eyeing it for over a year and as inexpensive as it is, I just never got around to buying one until last month. We needed a new edger and this guy happened to make its way into my cart. :)

I created this layout for a color challenge over on Addicted Scrappers. The challenge was to use orange and purple as the main colors and use any other colors sparingly. This was tough, but once I figured out that these Chatterbox papers would be perfect it all came together... slowly. I worked on this baby for 5 days; 5 minutes here, 10 there, I just didn't get a nice chunk of creative time until yesterday afternoon.

The card is for SketchThis #55. Once again the girls wowed me with their renditions of this fun sketch! I am not thrilled with my card, and I think I am in a card making rut. I haven't been happy with several of the recent cards I have created. I think I am overthinking and not just rolling with it. I just seem to be lacking little details that make a great impact. I am really going to try to do some different things and see what happens. I know we all go through this time and time again and I am sure it will pass. We are our own worst critics. ;)

The kittens are a month old now and are getting around well. We moved them into a new area where they have plenty of room to roam. The are jumping on each other and playing and just getting used to being mobile and having the ability to run. They are so darn cute!!! Their individual personalities are starting to emerge, too which is also fun to watch. I am trying really hard not to get attached so it won't be so hard to send them off to new homes in about 2 weeks. *sigh*

I need to get back to working on my projects with the July kit from CMK. This kit is gorgeous and I think it's my most favorite CMK kit ever! I am afraid I won't do it justice, but I am sure going to try. You can see a peek on the CMK blog here.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do with the July CMK kit! I am sure it will be pretty.
    I would love a garden one day. But alas...not enough hours in the day.
    And maybe I should get hubby one of those weed things....

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that layout girl! you rocked the CB!! and you are crazy - your card this week is fabulous! but i know what you mean about being in a rut - i feel like i have had scrapper's block the past few weeks- sometimes it's good to only have 5 minutes to work on something cause then you can't over analyze your work. KWIM? anyhoo - I am SURE you will rock the July kit - you always do. I can't WAIT to see all your inspiration! just roll with it girl - :D hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.