Monday, June 22, 2009

a layout from Mix It Up!!!

Yesterday turned out to be a fantastic day! My parents drove over from their house on Lake Chelan and spent the day with us. We junked out...ordered pizza, ate chips and dip and shrimp... yummy. Skye even made a chocolate cake from scratch, which turned out amazingly, even after the cakes overflowed and caught the oven on fire. lol We played a long, but fun game of Phase 10. It was a nice family-filled day.

Today I have a layout to share that I created using Mixer 22 over on the Mix It Up!!! blog. The oh-so talented Juliana created this wonderful sketch. (I am a huge fan of hers) I wanted to make it a big grungy, and i really like the masking effect from the Maya Mist. I need to get some more colors and try this technique again and again. My 5 different materials for the stars are: chipboard, rhinestones, felt, paper and magic mesh. I suppose the masked stars could count as a 6th.


Take care and have a beautiful week!
Rae

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had a fun, family weekend! I love those!!! :)
    Love the layout, you always do amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raechelle, that layout is fabulous. I agree Juliana is soooo talented. Thanks for playing along to MIU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love great family weekends?!!!
    I am so loving your take on the mixer and thanks for playing along!!! You are soo sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks awesome! thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super fun & cute layout!! :) smiles, m-

    ReplyDelete
  6. that title is awesome! love all the misting, too

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.