Friday, April 23, 2010

Circle layout featuring SRM Stickers- and other stuff

Seeing Kara was amazing!!! She looks fantastic and I can tell that she has grown so much in just a few months. It was hard for me to leave her there in Great Lakes, but she's a grown up now and on her own and I have to accept that, even though it's not easy. lol She will stay there for her A school until October/November-ish and then hopefully she will get to come home for 2 weeks before she gets stationed on a ship. She is classified as a Fireman/Engineer. She told me she really enjoys the firefighting work and is eager to dig into more training. Have I mentioned how proud I am?!

Onto scrappy stuff. Our SRM DT challenge for the month was to use circles. I actually made 2 layouts for this one; one I was not thrilled with and then I replaced it with another that I like so much better. I am struggling with my style right now and trying to find a groove... it will emerge in time. lol 

Here is the layout I posted for the challenge. I just love this photo of my dad and Kara at her high school graduation last June. My wonderful SIL Jessica took this photo and it speaks to me. I used 3 sets of sticker sheets to create the background. I really like how it turned out. 

 supplies: pp: Little Yellow Bicycle
cs: Core'dinations
American Crafts Thickers
felt flowers and buttons: Making Memories
DMC Floss

Here is my original layout:

supplies: pp and die cuts: Scenic Route
cardstock: Core'dinations

You have got to make some time to check out the SRM blog to see what all the super talented designers created!!! They never cease to amaze me and leave me in awe!
Take care and have a great weekend! 
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.