Saturday, August 20, 2011

pretty girls layout

This is a layout I created for a challenge on MSAM- it was for the weekly scrap{sketch} challenge. I usually create my layout, then draw up the sketch for it, but for this layout I created the sketch first and then the layout. I really like how this layout turned out. I used the new Bo Bunny Sweet Tooth papers- love the colors in this collection! 
supplies: cs- Bazzill, pp- Bo Bunny, stickers- Doodlebug, martha stewart punch and paint

here is the sketch:

We'd love for you to come play along! In addition to daily challenges, there are other fun events- a design team call, an end of Summer crop next weekend, and more.

In non-scrappy updates- Kara went back to VA on Wednesday. I miss her so much already. It was wonderful to see her and talk to her and just be with her. She has grown so much. She has a new level of responsibility and maturity. She has done an incredible amount of living in the past year and a half that she has been in the Navy, especially the past 6 with her travels and duties. Although it was difficult  to see her go, my heart is full of joy knowing that she is happy overall; she has great friends, and enjoys her work in the Navy- at least most days. I find that comforting. I wish she were closer, I know that she will do welll. It is hard on her to be away, but we talked about it. She told me that being in the Navy is her chance to live- to see everything she can see, to learn everything she can, before she settles down. She misses home, but she doesn't want to be as close to home. It's funny how these are pretty much the same words I spoke to her almost 2 years ago, but she scoffed at them- telling me how she wanted to be stationed in WA. I told her to pick anywhere but here. She got VA. REALLY far away- in some ways too far, but knowing she will be OK, makes it a heck of a lot easier to smile a lot more in between the spontaneous bursts of tears.

Have a beautiful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. this is so flipping awesome! great design, love how you've used the Bunny

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.