Sunday, September 16, 2007

another update

Well, the MRI didn't show any significant reason for what is happening with my ankle. It's still sore and some days are worse than others. The plan now is to continue to stay off of it for another 4-8 weeks without walking on it at all and then start some physical therapy sometime in the next 3-4 weeks. Then I will slowly wean myself from the cast over a several month period providing the PT goes well. I knew this was going to be a long process, but it gets harder each day to sit and do nothing. I am always reminded by sharp pains shooting up my lower leg when I have done too much though. ;) I am having to take my pain pills more often and I wish I didn't have to. I just hate taking things and I always try not to.

Skye gave us a scare on Friday. She passed out in Kara's arms while Kara was braiding her hair. She wet her pants and that really freaked us all out. I took her to the dr. and she checked out OK. The dr. just thinks the cause was because she has a pretty severe bladder infection and was probably dehydrated. The fact that she never has any symptoms of a UTI other than bed wetting is stressful enough and this time she didn't even wet her bed, so I had no reason to believe that anything was wrong. It's been several months since she's had one and I am really hoping this is not going to be another round of them. The good news is that she's feeling great and was herself again Saturday morning. SHe was pretty bummed about having to miss school, she really enjoys Middle School and was hoping for perfect attendance. Oh well, like I told her; her health comes first and foremost.

I miss scrapping. A lot. I have done a few layouts last week, but between watching Katie and just plain not feeling like making the trek downstairs, I have pretty much been passing my time working puzzles and doing crossword puzzle books. It's better than just hanging out in bed all afternoon. I am Katie-free this week except for Friday, so I plan to watch season 3 of GA and maybe I'll find some scrappy mojo since I'll be hanging out in my scrappy space anyway. ;) I ordered some albums so maybe I'll start putting my layouts into those, too. My stack just keeps growing and growing and it's almost impossible to look through anything. heehee

That's about it for now. Take care and have a wonderful Sunday! :)

1 comment:

  1. hugs and hope everything calms down a bit for you

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.