Saturday, July 5, 2008

life happens

boy, life sure does throw us curveballs just when we think everything is rolling along at a decent pace. On Wednesday afternoon my dh's heart rate skyrocketed into the 200's and we had to take him to the ER for the 5th time in about 3 weeks. This time we went to Deaconess downtown and he ended up being admitted to the Special Heart Care unit overnight because his heart rate wasn't responding well to the drugs. Of course this being a holiday weekend, nothing test wise was going to happen, and since he wasn't in a life or death situation he was released 24 hours later. They pumped him full of drugs while he was there, prescribed another and then had him double up on the others. He goes back on Wednesday for a Cardiac Ablation procedure. Not sure what's going to come out of this if anything, the cardiologist said that he thinks there is a 1 in 10 chance that this will be successful, but it's a first step. He'll be staying overnight in the Cardiac Unit once again and if all goes well he'll be home on Thursday.
I am freaked out, so is he. I know this is a pretty standard procedure, but still... it's happening to someone I love and I am worried sick that something might happen. I need to be strong for him, and most of all for the girls. I just pray that nothing goes wrong.

I decided today that I was going to try to find the kittens new homes. I loaded them up into a box and snuck them out of the house without Molly knowing. We went to the Wal Mart parking lot and within minutes the only girl had found a home with a young couple and a toddler. Not too much longer someone came by and picked out two of the boys. There were several people who came to see them, but weren't looking to take one. After about an hour I was ready to go home. Kenny wanted to stop by Target so while he and Kara were in there, I sat in the parking lot and managed to send one more off with a new home. So now we have one kitten left. I'll admit, I cried each time someone took one. It was harder than I thought. (I am such a sap ;)) I do feel that they went to good homes. I was really worried about how Molly would react and she's doing OK, but she is walking around looking for and calling to them. This makes me sad, but I am sure she'll be fine. Now we just need to find a good home for the last little guy. I'd love to keep him, but we can't... heck, I'd have kept them all if I could have! Skye and Ashlyn are going to be sad that they are gone, but I told them I was going to have to do this. There's going to be a meltdown over this. lol!

I really need to find my mojo... this stuff with my dh is really draining. I can't sleep, I can't eat, and I can't focus. I have sat down several times to scrap and all I do is push paper around. *sigh* Hopefully I'll find a spark tomorrow.

I hope you had a fabulous 4th! I was wiped out and after I cleaned the house I watched TV for a lot of the day. I really miss my girls and it's hard to be away from them.


  1. sending you good vibes from here !

  2. Sounds like you've been riding an emotional roller coaster Rae... hang in there girl, I'll be thinking of you... sending you great big (((hugs)))!!

  3. oh scary!! I know how stress can zap the soul straight out of ya. I can relate right now. I will certainly be sending vibes and prayers your way. big big big big big hugs to you girly and hope DH is ok!

  4. Rae! My dad just had this procedure in December! It was oh so scary at the time but now he's PERFECT and feels better than he ever has! I know that each procedure is different and there's a difference between the various "rhythms of the heart" but I PRAY it goes just as well with the same outcome for you all. You will DEFINITELY be in my prayers. This procedure proved to be a MIRACLE for my dad and much more painful for us than him, thanks be to God. I pray, the same for you too.
    HUGE (((hugs))) and prayers my friend!


I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.