Tuesday, July 8, 2008

scrappy stuff




Good morning! It's going to be another beautiful day here. It's going to be in the high 80's with a light breeze. Another perfect Summer day. :)

I am going to take the girls to the library soon and then we are going to play a game later this afternoon. Skye is making brownies right now and I cannot wait to bite into one. I don't know how she does it, but they turn out perfectly! This girl can cook and she loves to do so. She has made something just about every day so far. I should get her some cake decorating stuff and see what she can do with that. For a girl with ADHD who struggles to focus on just about everything, she does well in the kitchen... for the most part. *giggle* She does tend to wander off right in the middle of things and I have to remind her that she is in the kitchen where she has to pay attention to what she is cooking. ;) I think she likes the tasks that are involved in baking/cooking. She has to have order and there is plenty to be found in the kitchen.

Here is my card for Sketch This 57. I tried to create something more masculine, but I wasn't all that successful. Oh well, I tried. :) As always I adore the work of the other girls! They are fabulous!

And here is one of three butterfly wall hangings I made with the Butterfly album from My Acrylic Album. I used two pages and joined them together to create a butterfly. I am working on the second butterfly now. Ashlyn picked out the papers, the girl has good taste because these October Afternoon papers are my new fav!

Have a fabulous day!

5 comments:

  1. Your work is so lovely!!

    My dd likes helping in the kitchen , too, but she's only three... I'm hoping she'll continue to like it as she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That butterfly album is BEAUTIFUL!!

    How are you??! Miss ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo love your card and the butterfly album is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, i'm loving that card! And that butterfly is gorgeous! Congrats on becoming a Daisy Girl - how exciting!! Also wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about your and Kenny, and I'm hoping and praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeahhhhh such a cool and funky card!!! love it.
    That butterfly is just amazing!!!!! wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.