Thursday, January 7, 2010

a celebration of life

Early this morning (5:12AM to be exact) the phone rang. It was my mother-in-law and she was overcome with grief and could barely speak. My father-in-law had passed away earlier in the morning while he was in dialysis. We knew this was coming... he's been sick for a very long time and we thought we were prepared. We so were not. At least not today. I feel such a loss and I keep waiting for the phone to ring with good news... like it's all a cruel joke someone has played. My poor mother-in-law. I just wish I could be there to hold her and comfort her. Thankfully my husband, our dd Kara, and her other 2 sons who live here in the area are with her/on their way to be with her. I have had grandparent's die, but I cannot imagine hw it must feel to lose a parent, as my husband now has. I can somewhat relate, but it's just not the same. I am sure it feels like a big hole has been ripped out of his heart and there is no band-aid big enough to repair the damage. If you are the praying kind, I would appreciate a little prayer be said to honor my fil, and to watch over and guide my mil, my dh and my brothers-in-law.

I struggled with posting this layout, but life is about celebration and happiness and it does continue for those of us who are left to grieve. For each death there is a birth and Emily's 15th birthday was last month, so I created this fun and lively layout to celebrate her. I used these fabulous Birthday vinyl rub-ons from E.A.D Designs on this layout.


supplies:
pp: Scenic Route
rub-ons; E.A.D. Designs
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist

I recently stumbled upon this challenge blog called Misson Create and I decided to incorporate some of the concepts for mission 0007 on this layout as well. I used 3 of the 5 challenges--- masking technique, grid/ledger pp and red--- for a change I decided not to use strip journaling since I use it all the time... however I did include her name and date using strips, but I don't think it really counts.

I am off to go spend time with my family. Be sure to hug your loved ones and tell them you love them.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along at Mission Create--your layout is lovely..so colorful & vibrant!
    Sorry to hear about your loss today-your right-tell your loved ones that you do love them-that is what is important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your recent loss. ((HUGS))

    Thanks for playing along with us at Mission Create!! Il ove the colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous layout! So sorry to hear of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about your loss {{hugs}}

    beautiful LO - love the misting :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( Sorry to hear about your loss- that lo will always be extra important for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your father-in-law, Rae! We had a horrible thing happen this evening too, something that makes you really appreciate every second with your loved ones. Big hugs,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.