Wednesday, June 13, 2007

some fun stuff!


Here's another teacher gift I made using the awesome stamps from Pink.Sugar.Pop. This one is for Ashlyn's teacher and since she's a first grade teacher, I thought the "tweets" would be fun. ;)

Some great news....KARA PASSED THE WASL!!!! She got a perfect writing score, excelled in the Reading, and barely passed the Math... she got 403 and to pass you had to have a 400. Whew! Talk about cutting it close. She said the math section was tough, and for the second year in a row, only 53% of students in the state passed the math. Several of her friends missed the math by just a few points, which must be hard to swallow. Meghan takes it next year, and I hope she passes, too. If not, it means more review time.

Let me see, Skye and Ash had their field day today. They pretty much spent the entire day outside playing games. There were even 5 jumpy castles, which were a huge hit among the younger kids. I was only with a group of 10 first-graders watching them on one of the jumpy castles and they were crazy! I have no idea how these teachers can do this every day. I don't have the patience for it. AKKK!
Ashlyn got a few awards today as well as a little trophy for being an "Outstanding Reader". She's so proud. I will take a pic tomorrow and upload. Skye has an awards assembly tomorrow.
Other than that, it's just hectic around here. Tomorrow is the last full day of school for Skye and Ash, and Kara and Meghan get out at noon once again. I really can't believe this school year is wrapping up. Boy do I feel old!

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh Raechelle, those papers are so pretty! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.