Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Adorable

I just have to start with the fact at how much I simply love the newest releases from Crate Paper! I have always been a fan, but the newest releases have been among my most favorite ever!

Here is a layout I created that came together so quickly for me. I am usually a pretty slow scrapper, but I completed this layout in a little more than an hour, even with the fussy cutting and stitching. I absolutely love, love, love the end result! I am working on a layout now and it is also coming together quickly. I hope this is the beginning of a new trend for me. I tend to over think things and I am trying to let go and just go with the flow a little more. ;)


I used a Clear Scraps Mascil (Damask) and acrylic circle as an accent for the fussy cut doily. I applied gesso using the mascil onto one side of the circle and then allowed ti to dry for a few minutes. I then adhered the acrylic design side down onto the center of the doily that I had scattered some sequins upon. It's a subtle effect, but I think it blends perfectly with the softer colors of the paper. 



2 comments:

  1. HI.. Your layout is lovely, and what a good way to use up scraps too.. Love your mini album for your girls as well.. thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I shall follow yours now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love this! LOVING how you did that circle!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.