Sunday, February 23, 2014

Quick vase project

I completely forgot that today was one of my Sisters-in-Laws birthday, and when I noticed it on facebook I my brain immediately went into panic mode. I quickly decided that I would get her a nice bouquet of wild flowers and put them in one of the many vases we have collecting dust in our garage. I figured I would add a little handmade touch to it as well to make it more personal.

I found a jug vase that is just her style and proceeded to get crafty. I tied a big bow out of this awesome chevron print burlap, and then assembled a simple tag. I rushed through this as we were getting ready to leave, but I love how it turned out. She loved it as well, which really is all that matters.



Taking a few minutes to add a personal touch is a great way to make someone feel extra special and loved.

************************

We have some friends who raise and show Belgian horses, and today we made it out to their home so Ashlyn could get out of the house for a bit and enjoy the horses. The only places she has pretty much gone for the past 4 months is appointments, which is really no fun at all. She has gained a lot of strength the past few weeks and is able to stand a bit while holding onto something so it was a great opportunity to take her out and get some fresh air. 

These are my favorite photos of the day. 




This last one melts my heart. 




1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwwww that last photo melts my heart too!!! I love love love the gift!! I loveeeeeeeeee the bow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.