Sunday, March 26, 2017

hello beautiful

Hello! Today I am sharing a new to me idea on a scrappy page. I generally don't use strips of patterned paper on my layouts, but I do love the look of them, so when I sat down to create this layout for today, I decided to step out of my comfort zone a bit.

Since these photos of our two youngest daughters were in black and white, I decided that the gorgeous Wild at Heart collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studios would be perfect to add some soft details, as well as some pretty {bold} colors. 

The strips of patterned paper were layered to create cohesion, but also an opposite effect to balance the layout. 

I also decided to try adding some partial detail border work, and I think this helps draw the eyes to the photos. 

Some chipboard, a few wooden hearts and some stickers provided the perfect finishing details to keep this layout pretty simple. 



Everything but the button twine is the Wild at Heart collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studios. You can find it here in the Paper Issues Store. 
Don't forget to use the code Rae20 to save 20% off your entire purchase! There are new items rolling in so be sure to check them out! 

2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the strips you used and the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to step outside that comfort zone sometimes! LOVE the way this turned out... those strips look awesome and are a nice touch.. not to overwhelming.. Beautiful pics! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.