Sunday, April 20, 2008

it's a cool Sunday *brrr* and other ramblings


***sorry about the small images. I am new to PSE6 and apparently I didn't copy and so the original files are gone and I had to take a copy from my gallery. I'll figure it out someday.













I cannot believe that it's mid-April and our temp. today is not going to get out of the 30's. It's about 30' right now and I am freezing! My hands are ice cold and the heat is on. So much for cutting back on our energy useage. We are due for several inches of snow today and tomorrow and then hopefully this is it for Winter weather. My kids shouldn't have to be wearing heavy coats and gloves this time of year. My heat shouldn't be on all day. The basement should be a nice comfortable place to be in, not an ice cave. Spring really needs to make an appearance!

I have come to the realization that I should not be drinking Mocha's any more. For about 2 months after my ankle surgery I couldn't handle them, they made me ill. Then one day I was craving one, so I went to Starbucks and picked one up and have been able to drink one every morning for the last 2 months. Until now. The last couple of days that I have had them I haven't felt well. This morning is the worst. I felt great until I had a few sips and now I just feel icky. *sigh* I don't even drink them quickly, I savor them for up to an hour and a half, so it's not like I am chugging it. It's probably for the best that I don't drink them daily anyway, so now I just need to find a substitute. I wish OJ had caffeine in it (maybe it does and I just haven't paid attention?). Just enough to give me a burst of energy.

Enough of the boring stuff. Here are some layouts and a card I have created recently. I decided on Friday morning that I was going to enter the Core'dinations DT call. I was on the fence, but figured I might as well because if I don't at least try then I don't have a chance. The first 3 are my entries. Wish me luck! It would be awesome to be a part of this team!
If you haven't tried this unique cardstock yet, you really need to hunt some down and play! It really is neat stuff. Sit down with a piece and just try something new and you'll find that it's going to be a must have, especially the black stuff. I took a craft knife and carved some wavy lines into the paper and peeled off the top layer to expose the core. That is such a cool thing to be able to do and I am sure you'll be seeing this from me again. I really thought I'd struggle with using cardstock as a focus, but I don't think I did too badly. If I make the team great, if not I have created some layouts that I really like and know that I can do things that I didn't think I could. Personal growth is always positive and uplifting.

I've been playing the Wii a bit more, mostly just the Sports games that came with the system. I like to watch the kids play, but it's also a lot of fun to get in there with them and join in. We still only have 2 games, but we've rented several. Skye sat down and played Mario Galaxy most of the day and she did quite well. It looks like this will be a buy game. :)

Speaking of Skye, the poor girl is just in constant meltdown mode lately. Her hormones are crazy and combined with her ADHD it's been a rough couple of weeks. The slightest thing will set her off and you just don't know from one minute to the next if she's going to be happy or sad or angry. The poor girl. I feel badly for her but there isn't a whole lot I can do other than talk to her and try to figure out how I can help. I have let her play the Wii for hours on end because it keeps her occupied and away from the other kids. She really doesn't want to be around them and is snippy and irritable with them. She's going to have a med check appt. soon and I am going to address this with the doctor. Kara and Meghan were never this bad when they were at this point in their lives. I don't know if having ADHD makes her extra sensitive or if this is not "normal" and we need to do something else to help her.

and back to scrapping... the last layout was created for a challenge over at Scrap-Diner. I only managed to complete 2 of the 8 challenges, but it's still been fun. I cannot believe all the KPS Ashlyn has! And no, I didn't count and sort them, Skylar did. :) She likes that kind of stuff and it was a great way to keep her focused on something that she can control.

Enough of my rambling. I hope you have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. Rae I love your layouts and the cool techniques you did with that cardstock too! Good luck with that! Hope your seeing some sunshine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects!!! Hope spring come soon for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your layouts! I will keep my toes and fingers crossed you make the team! My heart goes out to you and Skylar - that's got to be tough for all. I hope Spring comes soon too - maybe that will help lift some spirits everywhere! hugs -reneelamb

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.